Saturday, August 7, 2010

Quiet Shabbos??

This weekend I had originally made plans to have some friends over- a family of 11 who had most of the kids away and was going to come with just 4 of them. Unfortunately, 2 more ended up home for the weekend, at which point we could no longer have them comfortably.
This was when I decided to make it a quiet Shabbos. I decided to go easy on the cooking and get some rest.
Well, "the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray."
It was really my fault because I was hungry while I was preparing. I made:
  • challah
  • chicken soup
  • chicken with stuffing!
  • meatballs
  • rice (to go with the meatballs)
  • chulent (served with turkey breast cold cuts)
  • colloci (cauliflower/broccoli) kugel
  • chocolate chip sticks
All this for 4 people (2 prefer to eat cereal and milk or yogurt).
So now I basically cooked a ton, ate a ton, and slept a ton.
Luckily, I like leftovers for lunch during the week.
Next time I plan a quiet Shabbos, remind me to eat before I cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come again!